Saturday, June 12, 2004

Saturday Morning/Evening

Woke up to the sound of the squirrels banging the lid of the new feeder. They push it up with their heads, reach in for some sunflower seeds and then pull back out to eat the seed. And do it all over again. It takes 'bout 3 seconds for this cycle. A nice wood on wood "clap". At 6:00 in the morning. I'm sure the neighbors are REAL happy we put that feeder up.

I started this post this morning, obviously. Well, now it's dusk on Saturday evening. It was my turn to get the mid-evening snack, ice cream. We live on a cul de sac in a tri-level. Our kitchen window overlooks the cul de sac. There isn't much that goes on that we can't see. Well, as I was rinsing the ice cream scoop I noticed some flickers in the house across the way. When their front room drapes are open we can see right thorugh to their kitchen. There are at least three candles that I could see, lit and flickering. No other lighting that I could see. Never having noticed this sort of thing before, just off hand, I'd say someone was in for a romantic evening. And if they don't close the curtains.......

Too much information!

No comments: