Thursday, June 30, 2005

Beer and Brats

Woo Hoo!

On vacation until next Wednesday! Going back to Milwaukee for a family reunion. Catch up on all the happenings since the last one, see how the nieces and nephews have grown, what they're up to now. Even the cousins will be in attendence! A good time will be had, guarenteed!

I took today off even though we don't travel until tomorrow. Figured it would be nice to have a day to do nothing before the hub-bub of traveling, partying and generally carrying on for four days. We will be coming back late on the Fourth so I scheduled a vacation day to recuperate before heading back to work. I'll need it! That will make for a very short week as I'm scheduled to give platelets at the Red Cross Friday afternoon. I'm working on my 22nd gallon of donated fluids: whole blood and platelets. I've got the scars on my arms to prove it too.

The other big deal coming up is the Portland Pen Show, 15-17 July. We went last year and drooled over the beautiful pens, new and vintage. It was kind of overwhelming: too many choices. I kind of know what to expect this time so I've been trying to do my homework, scoping out the pen catalogs recently received. Eye candy! Still too many to choose from. And then there will be all those vintage pens! What a delightful dilemma!

No comments: