Saturday, September 04, 2004

What I saw on Mulberry Street

Bailey and I took a walk today. Later I went back and took some pictures of the wonderful show Ma Nature puts on this late in the summer. I'm not so sure Bailey appreciated the same things I did. His walk probably looked totally different from mine. I know it smelled different!

This looked like a path for the bees to follow through a garden: the yellow brick road, so to speak.



And at the end of that road:



They kind of look like daisys, but I'm not so sure they make daisys in any color except white.

It took a while to get the picture of this next one. It's on a very slender vine like stem. The slightest breeze sent it bouncing around.



I have know idea what this next flower is. I have never seen one like it before. I found it on a plant that was climbing over a fence, trying to seduce anyone walking along the sidewalk. Well, it got me!



Please let me know if you know what it is.

If you look closely you will be able to see two bees at work.



Well, it is the Labor Day Weekend....


No comments: