Saturday, January 08, 2005

Back to work......

I survived the first work week of the new year. Seemed like it was touch and go there for a while until I finally caught up on my sleep around Wednesday.... back into the routine. Start of the new year, lots of report to write, lots of numbers to compile, lots of charts to create.

The state sent me a reminder that my birthday is next month. It's time to renew my drivers license. I didn't realize how old I will be until this reminder informed me that I can not simpley renew by mail, as I have done ever since I got my license in this state some 28 years ago. NOOooooooo. I have to actually go into a DMV office and take a vision test!
Now, granted, I do need a little help with the fine print these days, but for distance, I can see just as good as or better than most. I guess its just that I've gotten to the age where society feels the need to make sure that I'm OK for some activities. It's kind of like when you get to the "Greater Than 35" age bracket for auto insurance, except in reverse. I will be getting a brand new license, with a new picture too. Have to get a hair cut this weekend. That always makes me look younger...

In other, more somber news: Troy slipped on some snow out side a grocery store last night, fell on the wrist/arm he broke about 4 months ago. He has a metal plate in that arm used to keep the bones aligned while they grew back together. The doctor just left it in rather than do a second surgery. Apparently Troy fell on the same arm and the x-rays show that the arm is broken again and the metal plate is bent. I don't know how much. The doctor who initially put the plate in is on vacation until Monday. Troy's going to have to wait until then to see about getting it fixed. It's going to take more surgery and probably replacing the metal plate. In the mean time he's got some GOOD drugs.

No comments: